My professional career of over 30 years has been in teaching with the NSW Department of Education.
I have been a Secondary Senior Executive Teacher (Head Teacher) for over 15 years in the fields of Special Education, Learning Difficulties and Disabilities, Behaviour and Student Welfare. My specific teaching areas have been in Learning Assistance, Behaviour Support and English. I have been privileged to have served schools (Primary and Secondary) throughout my teaching career.
As a full-time permanent teacher, I have completed additional academic studies in Resource Support Teaching (Grad. Dip.).
Educational Studies (Grad. Cert.) and Special Education Behaviour and Learning (Master’s Degree).
Additional professional development has been in Leadership, Executive School Management, Behaviour Management, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Anti Bullying and Student Welfare Initiatives.
Behaviour Consultant (Assistant Principal Learning & Behaviour) presenting workshops and advising staff for Tweed District schools K-12
2009 was a time for significant personal and professional development that I initiated by taking leave to study with The Coaching Institute in Melbourne as a Life Coaching Diploma student.
Additionally, during 2009-10 I decided to take a School Wide Positive Behaviour consultancy position in Qatar (Middle East) with Education Queensland International. This experience signaled significant career change.
On returning to Australia to my full-time Secondary School, Head Teacher Student Welfare Position and later – Relieving Deputy Principal Position; I decided to further initiate change in my life and career. My personal and professional growth was creating a new life direction.
2011, I decided to return to my studies with the Coaching Institute as an Advanced Practitioner – to practice at a global level by developing my own Behavioural Health Consultancy. Gaining qualifications in ACT Therapy (2015 -20) with Dr Russell Harris; expanded my skill set to support clients for fulfilling life change.
I am a certified ACT Therapist (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy 2015-20), with advanced training and training in ACT for Trauma – Dr. Russ Harris
I successfully completed the Change Fitness Program (2017) which further enhances my Mindset Coaching skills – Dr. Steve Barlow.
I am continuing my studies with Dr Russ Harris (ACT Therapy), as a “life-long learner” and Master Coach to be the best I can for my future clients.
My passion and love professionally, is to support and guide others in creating a rich and meaningful life.
BEHAVIOURAL HEALTH CONSULTANCY QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified ACT Therapist (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (2015-20) – Dr. Russ Harris.
– Advanced ACT training (Anxiety and Depression) (2018)
– Training in ACT for Trauma (2019)
– ACT as a Brief Intervention (2020)
- Certified Change Fitness Practitioner (2017) – Dr. Steve Barlow.
- Cert. 1V Life Coaching “The Coaching Institute” (TCI) Melb. (2009-12)
- Practitioner in Life Coaching (TCI) 2012
- Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching (TCI) 2012
- Cert.1V in Business (TCI) 2012
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming NLP (TCI) 2012
- TCI Accredited Coaching Training Program (ACTP) – International Coaching Federation 2012
- 125 training hours
- Final ACTP Exam
- Great Relationships Training (TCI) 2012
- Certified Practitioner of TCI’s Deep State Re-patterning (2012)
- Extended DISC (EDISC) Accredited Consultant and Trainer (2012)
- Workshop presentation skills.
- Advanced Executive & Leadership Training “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”Signature program (S. Covey). 2005
- Ma. Behaviour & Learning – University of Newcastle NSW (2003)
BEHAVIOURAL HEALTH CONSULTANCY EXPERIENCE
- Mindset Coaching + ACT Therapy – to create thinking that enables the client to take effective action for change guided by deep values; for a rich and meaningful life.
- Professional 1:1 Coaching (phone, Face Time, Messenger, SKYPE, ZOOM, TEAMS, office) with between session support; specifically relating to:
- Personal Change and goal setting
- Career Change and goal setting.
- Relationship challenges and change.
- Workplace challenges and trauma.
- Addictive behaviours
- Workshop facilitator (small, large groups, adults and adolescents). Workshops specifically designed to create and develop extraordinary future living, working and well-being:
- Keys to Extraordinary Living
- Knowing Me Knowing You
- Mind Over Matter – Procrastination
- Your Best Year Yet!
- Survive or Flourish
- Professional Training and Development – individuals, teams, organisations, leaders and executives to add value and performance for outstanding success.
- Well-being educational Blogs – “Thoughts on Happiness” ongoing.
The challenge is always to identify what the client wants, and then to support the commitment for effective change.
“You are, your own body of work”! Barack Obama